2017 marks the 100th anniversary of the apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to 3 shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal. In honor of this important centennial, Pope Francis has declared a Jubilee Year from the 27th of November 2016 till the 26th of November 2017. As part of the Jubilee Year, the Holy Father has granted the opportunity for the Catholic faithful to obtain a plenary indulgence under the normal conditions (detachment from sin, confession, communion, and prayers for the intentions of the Holy Father) and meeting ONE of the following sets of conditions:
- Make a pilgrimage to the Sanctuary of Fatima in Portugal, “devotedly participate” in prayer or celebration in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary, pray the “Our Father” and the “Creed” and invoke Our Lady of Fatima;
- Make a visit to an image or statue of Our Lady of Fatima that is on display for public veneration in any Church, Oratory, or “adequate place” on the anniversary days of the apparitions (the 13th of each month from May – October 2017) and “devotedly participate” in prayer or celebration in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary, pray the “Our Father” and the “Creed” and invoke Our Lady of Fatima;
- If due to age, illness, or other serious reason are unable to meet either of the above sets of conditions should offer on the days of the apparitions (the 13th of each month from May – October 2017) join “spiritually the jubilee celebrations, offering with confidence to the merciful God through Mary their prayers and pains, or the sacrifices of their own life” in front of an image of Our Lady of Fatima while having repented of all of their sins with the firm intention of carrying our the normal conditions for an indulgence including confession and communion.
To celebrate the Centennial of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima the World Apostolate for Fatima USA has undertaken the Fatima Tour For Peace, a tour of 100 Dioceses with the world-famous International Pilgrim Virgin Statue of Fatima. The tour is a “nation-wide call to prayer and penance for peace in our nation and conversion of hearts.” The tour began in 2016 visiting Dioceses east of the Mississippi and will visit Dioceses west of the Mississippi through December 20, 2017. The current schedule is below and we will make updates as we receive them. Please call the church or visit their website before making the trip as the schedule is subject to change without notice. A pilgrimage to venerate the statue of Our Lady of Fatima Tour for Peace would meet the second set of conditions above for receiving a plenary indulgence as part of the Jubilee Year.
- January 3, 2017 –St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church, Granada, MS, 9am-7pm with Mass at 6pm
- January 4, 2017 –St. Joseph Catholic Church, Madison, MS
- January 5, 2017 –St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, McComb, MS, 12:10pm Mass – 7pm
- January 6 -8, 2017 –Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cathedral, Biloxi, MS
- January 9, 2017 –Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Mobile, AL, Noon Mass – 2pm
- January 10, 2017 –St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Mobile, AL
- January 12, 2017 –EWTN Chapel, Birmingham, AL
- January 16-17, 2017 –Our Lady of Fatima Diocesan Shrine at St. Stephen Church, Pensacola, FL
- January 18, 2017 –Holy Family Parish, Jacksonville, FL, 8:15am – 7pm
- January 19, 2017 –San Juan del Rio Church, Jacksonville, FL, 9am-6pm
- January 20, 2017 –Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche, St. Augustine, FL (Also a Catholic Pilgrimage Site!), 11am -6pm
- January 22, 2017 –St. Martin de Porres Catholic Church, Jensen Beach, FL
- January 23, 2017 –St. Anastasia Catholic Church, Jensen Beach, FL, begins with Mass at 8am and goes all day with all night adoration
- January 27, 2017 –Ave Maria Parish, Ave Maria, FL
- January 29, 2017-St. Benedict Catholic Church, Kona (Big Island), HI
- January 30, 2017 –St. Joseph Catholic Church, Hilo (Big Island), HI
- January 31, 2017 –St. Catherine Catholic Church, Kapaa, HI
- February 1, 2017 –Holy Rosary Catholic Church Paia, Maui, HI
- February 2, 2017 –St. George Catholic Church, Waimanalo, Oahu, HI
- February 3, 2017 –Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of Peace, Honolulu, HI
- February 4, 2017 –Our Lady of Good Counsel, Pearl City, HI
- February 18, 2017 –St. Paul Catholic Church, Arcadia, FL, 9am-8pm
- February 19, 2017 –St. Margaret Catholic Church, Clewiston, FL, 10am-7pm
- February 27, 2017 –St. Peter’s Catholic Church, LaGrange, GA
- February 28, 2017 –Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church, Dawsonville, GA
- March 1, 2017 –St. Peter Chanel Catholic Church, Roswell, GA, 11am -2pm
- March 2, 2017 – St. Monica Catholic Church, Duluth, GA, 8am-7pm
- March 3, 2017 –Our Lady of the Americas Mission (morning only) AND St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church (afternoon/evening), Lilburn, GA
- March 4, 2017 –Cathedral of Christ the King, Atlanta, GA, 8am -noon
- March 9, 2017 –St. Catherine Sienna Catholic Church, Wakeforest, NC
- March 10, 2017 –Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Rocky Mount, NC
- March 11, 2017 –St. Joseph Catholic Church, Raleigh, NC
- March 12, 2017 –St. Matthew Catholic Church, Charlotte, NC
- March 13, 2017 –St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Charlotte, NC
- March 14, 2017 –St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church, Charlotte, NC
- March 16, 2017 –St. Benedict Catholic Church, Chesapeake, VA
- March 17, 2017 –St. Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Church, Hampton, VA
- March 18, 2017 –Holy Name of Mary Catholic Church, Bedford, VA, 9:30-6pm
- March 19, 2017 –St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church, Glen Allen, VA, 8am-6pm
- March 23, 2017 –St. John Bosco Catholic Church, Woodstock, VA
- March 24, 2017 –St. Thomas More Cathedral, Arlington, VA
- March 26, 2017 –St. Philip Neri Catholic Church, Linthicum, MD
- March 27, 2017 –St. Benedict Catholic Church, Baltimore, MD
- March 28, 2017 –St. John Catholic Church, Westminister, MD
- March 29, 2017 –Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church, Waldorf, MD
- March 30, 2017 –St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Beltsville, MD
- March 31, 2017 –St. Catherine Laboure Parish, Wheaton, MD
If you would like to have the statue visit your Parish have your Parish Priest contact Katie Moran at 330-647-3833 or email@example.com and Patrick Sabat, firstname.lastname@example.org. Permission from the Bishop of your Diocese is required and dates are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Other events will be taking place throughout the year, so please check the website often for updates and follow us on Facebook.
For other events taking place in 2017, please visit our Relics & Events page.
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!
Interested in learning more about Fatima? The books below are available at Amazon.com. Click on the image to learn more or purchase. Catholic Pilgrimage Sites will receive a small portion of your purchase (at no additional cost to you) that helps to fund the website.
Information about the plenary indulgence was taken from English translation, made by the WAF International Secretariat, of the text in Portuguese released by the Sanctuary of Fatima about the plenary indulgence for the Jubilee Year. https://wafusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Plenary-Indulgence-Centennial-Fatima-Apparitions-2017.pdf