The Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics houses more 1,000 relics (95% of which are first class relics), the 2nd largest collection open for veneration in the United States. Father J.M. Gartner entrusted his collection of relics to the Sisters at Maria Stein in 1875 and in 1892 the chapel that contains the relics, including a hand carved alter that was specifically built to house them, was completed. The site also includes a museum and gift shop.
Follow Us on Social Media
- Follow Catholic Pilgrimage Sites on WordPress.com
Join 1,178 other subscribers